It is utterly thrilling to announce that the Top 100 SA Wine Challenge 2015 is now open for entries.
Top 100 SA Wines, part of the betterwine.com group, is now five years old, hence the past five day countdown!
Five years ago the first Top 100 Challenge was launched. This has subsequently gained recognition for, and now become, the premier fine-wine MW judged competition in South Africa. Five years on and the brand is stronger than ever: Visible, influential and positively promoting SA fine wines in numerous value adding and unique ways. Group activity and efforts resonate both in SA as well as abroad in key wine consuming markets.
To Enter copy and paste this URL into your search engine - http://buybetterwine.com/top-100-challenge-entries/
For January month we are offering holiday makers intimate experiences of the unique Constantia Valley wine route. This will include meeting their lively key personalities! The duration will be a minimum of five hours and could include the whole day. The time will fly past, as you meet a winemaker, enjoy a personal vineyard walk with experts, drive around the land in farm vehicles, all helping you to learn and understand the uniqueness of these very special sites. This will be followed up with a private tutored wine tasting, before heading to the next inside-track vineyard experience. The friendly resident expert wine adventure guide will provide context, history and current status quo, delivered with humour, passion and anecdotes. Finish off with a stylish fine dining lunch or dinner at ‘top 5’ restaurant. Book now.
Bordeaux 2014: Price cuts demanded by UK merchants ahead of en primeur
Leading UK wine merchants, including Berry Bros & Rudd, Bordeaux Index and Corney & Barrow, have launched a pre-emptive strike ahead of this year's Bordeaux en primeur campaign by calling on chateaux and negociants to drop prices to revive consumer demand. An open letter signed by 12 UK merchants warns that many consumers in the UK and beyond have stopped buying Bordeaux wines en primeur, because they see no value in it. While the letter’s signatories say they still support the en primeur system and want to participate in the Bordeaux 2014 campaign, they blame high release prices for lower consumer demand in recent years.
‘We are very concerned,’ says the letter, also signed by Farr Vintners, The Wine Society, Armit and Fine & Rare.
‘Generally speaking, we feel the market has for some time now needed a correction to return pricing levels to those of the 2008 vintage.’
- The Top 100 SA Wine Challenge entries have opened - follow this link to our online entry system - http://t.co/RA4ZsAj1xQ 12 days ago
- RT @FoodBlogCT: This is the most beautiful picnic basket! Enjoy it on the lawns of @Rhebokskloof. http://t.co/Jz7bjH81Ft http://t.co/yqdb8… 16 days ago
- RT @RicketyBWinery: Yesterday we took our first grapes into the cellar for 2015, #Chardonnay for MCC. #harvest #fhk http://t.co/szcPLJu6pL 18 days ago
- RT @charlvw2: @Morgenster_SA you beauty!!! Gotto be some of the best reds out of SA! Smashing value against Bordeaux! @enotriauk http://t.c… 20 days ago
- RT @AmyBailey6246: CHEERS to "@winewankers: We'll drink anything if it's good! #Christmas #wine images http://t.co/sYEu4jxXN0 http://t.co/… 45 days ago