It is utterly thrilling to announce that the Top 100 SA Wine Challenge 2015 is now open for entries.
Top 100 SA Wines, part of the betterwine.com group, is now five years old, hence the past five day countdown!
Five years ago the first Top 100 Challenge was launched. This has subsequently gained recognition for, and now become, the premier fine-wine MW judged competition in South Africa. Five years on and the brand is stronger than ever: Visible, influential and positively promoting SA fine wines in numerous value adding and unique ways. Group activity and efforts resonate both in SA as well as abroad in key wine consuming markets.
To Enter copy and paste this URL into your search engine - http://buybetterwine.com/top-100-challenge-entries/
Robert Parker steps back from Bordeaux en primeur
Robert Parker Jr has marked the end of an era by announcing that he will stop reviewing Bordeaux en primeur wines, handing over the reins to Neal Martin. After covering the first new-vintage releases of Bordeaux wines for close to 40 years, Parker said that he was handing over to fellow Wine Advocate critic Neal Martin for the 2014 vintage.
In a posting on his website, Parker said Martin 'will review the 2014 en primeur releases from Bordeaux'.
The change comes just over two years after Parker stepped down from the post of Wine Advocate editor-in-chief, to be replaced by Lisa Perrotti-Brown. At around the same time, Parker sold a stake in the publication to Singapore-based investors.
Dry and Windy, that’s De Wetshof Harvest 2015
If there is one geographical feature to characterise the 2015 harvest on De Wetshof Estate, it is wind. According to wine maker Peter de Wet, the Robertson Wine Valley experienced incessantly windy conditions throughout the growing and ripening seasons, the extent of which De Wetshof had seldom seen before. “We are used to the southerly winds blowing in from the coast during the spring and summer months, which are actually a blessing as they cool down the vines,” says Peter. “However, from veraison onwards we also experienced strong winds blowing from a northerly direction when it was not blowing from the south. As a result De Wetshof only really saw high temperatures at the onset of harvest in the middle of January.”
- http://t.co/RA4ZszJP1c - Don't forget to enter your fine wines into the Top 100 SA Wines Challenge @Top100SAWines 13 days ago
- RT @RupertRoths: Our Baron Edmon 2015's Merlot in the making. Exceptional colour this year! #SAHarvest2015 http://t.co/ZOzoNIxukD 14 days ago
- RT @GavinSlabbert: @CheninKing @RaatsWines harvesting Eden single vineyard Chenin Blanc today! http://t.co/x1S6wEarmd 15 days ago
- RT @TOKARA_ZA: "@cwphotos1: Awesome #sunset over #Stellenbosch #winelands TOKARA... http://t.co/DsBNzIybDS" #visitstellenbosch @StellWineR… 15 days ago
- Don't forget to enter the Top 100 SA Wines Challenge 2015 - http://t.co/RA4Zszse9E 15 days ago